Lord, every single gift comes from You…“Lift my gaze to see life from Your perspective. Help me to understand-and treasure-every good thing You send…”(From James 1:7) One Thousand Gifts http://www.aholyexperience.
804. Ruth’s gift of the country sign I look forward to hanging up: “Count your blessings. Recounts Ok”. Love it!
805. The fun of being able to go to the girl’s basketball game today /special time with Nicholas sharing the political rally this week and his opportunity to do some political volunteering coming up
806. Borrowed the “Made to Crave” DVD and watched it last night. The principles make sense to me. “God made us capable of craving so we’d have an unquenchable desire for more of Him, and Him alone, Nothing changes until we make the choice to redirect our misguided cravings to the only one capable of satisfying them.”–Lysa Terkeurst
807. Grace to follow through with ACTION on what I am learning
808. He is with me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_cq6SJitIY
King James Version (KJV)
2Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
3Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
4And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
5Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.
The Message (MSG)
2“Yes, indeed—God is my salvation.
I trust, I won’t be afraid.
God—yes God!—is my strength and song,
best of all, my salvation!”
3-4Joyfully you’ll pull up buckets of water
from the wells of salvation.
And as you do it, you’ll say,
“Give thanks to God.
Call out his name.
Ask him anything!
Shout to the nations, tell them what he’s done,
spread the news of his great reputation!
5-6“Sing praise-songs to God. He’s done it all!
Let the whole earth know what he’s done!
Raise the roof! Sing your hearts out, O Zion!
The Greatest lives among you: The Holy of Israel.”
810. John: a faithful, loving, godly husband and dad to come home to us after a week away.
811. “The Perserverence Principle: It’s always too soon to quit” (John Hagee in “The 7 Secrets: Unlocking Genuine Greatness”)
812. By faith I give God all my mountains and say, “Mountains, get out of my way.”. Matt 17:20: NOTHING is impossible to them that believe.”
|People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth.
814. The Don’t Quit Poem; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igj_-rxX70A&feature=fvst
815. If God be 4 me, who can be against me? Rm 8:31